[openstack-dev] [Keystone][Horizon] User self registration and management

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Wed Jan 14 12:14:14 UTC 2015

Hi Adrian

You might be glad to know that we have already produced a blueprint and
implementation for this, based on federated keystone and Horizon. You
can read the specs here

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/vo-management

and see a demo here
http://icehouse.sec.cs.kent.ac.uk/

(However you will not be able to perform federated login without a
Facebook or Google account, and you will also need the name of the VO
role that you are to join, plus a secret/PIN - Contact me if you want one)

Briefly, the administrator (could be keystone or domain admin) sets up a
VO role, sends the details to the users who are to become members of it,
along with a secret, and the user then logs in via his IdP (you can use
Facebook or Google), quoting the secret and VO role. He is then enrolled
in Keystone, either automatically, or pending admin approval (as a
config option). The user can resign from the VO role anytime he wishes.

I have updated your etherpad giving my comments

regards

David