[openstack-dev] [nova] what are the key errors with volume detach

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Dec 2 13:31:18 UTC 2015

This patch to add a bunch of logic to nova-manage for forcing volume
detach raised a bunch of questions
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/184537/24/nova/cmd/manage.py,cm

In thinking about this for the last day, I think the real concern is
that we have so many safety checks on volume delete, that if we failed
with a partially setup volume, we have too many safety latches to tear
it down again.

Do we have some detailed bugs about how that happens? Is it possible to
just fix DELETE to work correctly even when we're in these odd states?

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net