[openstack-dev] [Elections] TC Election analysis

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Apr 30 21:13:09 UTC 2015

On 2015-04-30 23:28:53 +0300 (+0300), Maish Saidel-Keesing wrote:
[...]
> I am wondering why the participation level is so low. This is
> really one of the few opportunities a contributor has to define
> the direction of OpenStack as a whole. And yet it goes down each
> election.
[...]

As a percentage of the electorate it's declining, but as an absolute
count of voters it's increasing. I think this is an indicator that
the interest/need to contribute patches is growing faster than the
desire to be involved in governance of the project. I'm not saying
that we shouldn't strive to improve it, but it's possible our
projects are more recently attracting contributors who have less of
an interest in how the project itself is governed and managed.
--
Jeremy Stanley