[openstack-dev] [Nova] Different tenants can assign the same hostname to different machines without an error

Day, Phil philip.day at hp.com
Wed Jun 4 16:10:14 UTC 2014

> The patch [2] proposes changing the default DNS driver from
> 'nova.network.noop_dns_driver.NoopDNSDriver' to other that verifies if
> DNS entries already exists before adding them, such as the
> 'nova.network.minidns.MiniDNS'.

Changing a default setting in a way that isn't backwards compatible when the cloud admin can already make that config change if they want it doesn't seem like the right thing to do. I think you need to do this in two stages:
1) In Juno deprecate the existing default value first (i.e add a waning for one cycle that says that the default will change)
2) In K change the default