[openstack-dev] failed to load customised image

sonia verma soniaverma9727 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 14:49:36 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I want to upload my customised rootfs and kernel image for powerpc to the
openstack database.

For this I followed the following document:

http://docs.openstack.org/grizzly/openstack-compute/admin/content/creating-custom-images.html#d6e6473

I followed the following steps as described in the document:

1. copied the kernel and rootfs for powerpc on the Openstack controller.

kernel-image - uImage

rootfs - guest.rootfs.ext2.gz

2. sudo tune2fs -L uec-rootfs serverfinal.img

3.when i tried to upload the images to the openstack image service using
the following commad:

cloud-publish-image -t image --kernel-file uImage --ramdisk-file
guest.rootfs.ext2.gz ppc64 disk.img bucket1

i got the following error:

failed to check for existing manifest
failed to register uImage

Please help me regarding this.