[openstack-dev] [keystone][oslo][ceilometer] Moving PyCADF from the Oslo program to Identity (Keystone)

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 18:09:52 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

This is me waving my arms around trying to gather feedback on a change in
scope that seems agreeable to a smaller audience. Most recently, we've
discussed this in both the Keystone [1] and Oslo [2] weekly meetings.

tl;dr it seems to make sense to move the PyCADF library from the oslo
program to the Identity program, and increase the scope of the Identity
program's mission statement accordingly.

I've included ceilometer on this thread since I believe it was originally
proposed that PyCADF be included in that program, but was subsequently
rejected.

Expand scope of the Identity program to include auditing:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/109664/

As a closely related but subsequent (and dependent) change, I've proposed
renaming the Identity program to better reflect the new scope:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/108739/

The commit messages on these two changes hopefully explain the reasoning
behind each change, if it's not already self-explanatory. Although only the
TC has voting power in this repo, your review comments and replies on this
thread are equally welcome.

As an important consequence, Doug suggested maintaining pycadf-core [3] as
a discrete core group focused on the library during today's oslo meeting.
If any other program/project has gone through a similar process, I'd be
interested in hearing about the experience if there's anything we can learn
from. Otherwise, Doug's suggestion sounds like a reasonable approach to me.

[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/keystone/2014/keystone.2014-07-22-18.02.html

[2]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/oslo/2014/oslo.2014-07-25-16.00.html