[openstack-dev] [keystone][oslo][ceilometer] Moving PyCADF from the Oslo program to Identity (Keystone)

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Jul 25 19:18:19 UTC 2014

On Jul 25, 2014, at 2:09 PM, Dolph Mathews <dolph.mathews at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> This is me waving my arms around trying to gather feedback on a change in scope that seems agreeable to a smaller audience. Most recently, we've discussed this in both the Keystone [1] and Oslo [2] weekly meetings.
>
> tl;dr it seems to make sense to move the PyCADF library from the oslo program to the Identity program, and increase the scope of the Identity program's mission statement accordingly.
>
> I've included ceilometer on this thread since I believe it was originally proposed that PyCADF be included in that program, but was subsequently rejected.
>
> Expand scope of the Identity program to include auditing: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/109664/

I think this move makes sense. It provides a good home with interested contributors for PyCADF, and if it makes it easier for the Identity team to manage cross-repository changes then that’s a bonus.

Before we move ahead, I would like to hear from the other current pycadf and oslo team members, especially Gordon since he is the primary maintainer.

Doug