[openstack-dev] [TripleO][Tuskar] Domain Model Locations

James Slagle james.slagle at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 15:57:29 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Jay Dobies <jason.dobies at redhat.com> wrote:
>> There's few pieces of concepts which I think is missing from the list:
>> - overclouds: after Heat successfully created the stack, Tuskar needs to
>> keep track whether it applied the post configuration steps (Keystone
>> initialization, registering services, etc) or not. It also needs to know
>> the name of the stack (only 1 stack named 'overcloud' for Icehouse).
>

> I assumed this sort of thing was captured by the resource status, though I'm
> far from a Heat expert. Is it not enough to assume that if the resource
> started successfully, all of that took place?

Not currently.  Those steps are done seperately from a different host
after Heat reports the stack as completed and running.  In the Tuskar
model, that host would be the undercloud.  Tuskar would have to know
what steps to run do the post configuration/setup of the overcloud.

I believe It would be possible to instead automate that so that it
happens as part of the os-refresh-config cycle that runs scripts at
boot time in an image.  At the end of the initial os-refresh-config
run there is a callback to Heat to indicate success.  So, if we did
that, the Overcloud would basically configure itself then callback to
Heat to indicate it all worked.

--
-- James Slagle