[openstack-dev] [TripleO][Tuskar] Domain Model Locations

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Fri Jan 10 15:27:21 UTC 2014

Thanks for the feedback  :)

>> = Stack =
>> There is a single stack in Tuskar, the "overcloud".
> A small nit here: in the long term Tuskar will support multiple overclouds.

Yes, absolutely. I should have added "For Icehouse" like I did in other
places. Good catch.

> There's few pieces of concepts which I think is missing from the list:
> - overclouds: after Heat successfully created the stack, Tuskar needs to
> keep track whether it applied the post configuration steps (Keystone
> initialization, registering services, etc) or not. It also needs to know
> the name of the stack (only 1 stack named 'overcloud' for Icehouse).

I assumed this sort of thing was captured by the resource status, though
I'm far from a Heat expert. Is it not enough to assume that if the
resource started successfully, all of that took place?

> - service endpoints of an overcloud: eg. Tuskar-ui in the undercloud
> will need the url of the overcloud Horizon. The overcloud Keystone owns
> the information about this (after post configuration is done) and Heat
> owns the information about the overcloud Keystone.

> - user credentials for an overcloud: it will be used by Heat during
> stack creation, by Tuskar during post configuration, by Tuskar-ui
> querying various information (eg. running vms on a node) and finally by
> the user logging in to the overcloud Horizon. Now it can be found in the
> Tuskar-ui settings file [1].

Both of these are really good points that I haven't seen discussed yet.
The wireframes cover the allocation of nodes and displaying basic
details of what's created (even that is still placeholder) but not much
beyond that.

I'd like to break that into a separate thread. I'm not saying it's
unrelated, but since it's not even wireframed out I'd like to have a
dedicated discussion about what it might look like. I'll start that
thread up as soon as I collect my thoughts.