[openstack-dev] [Neutron] ERROR: InvocationError: when running tox

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Mon Feb 24 18:05:54 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-24 09:02, Randy Tuttle wrote:

> Has anyone experienced this issue when running tox. I'm trying to figure if this is some limit of tox environment or something else. I've seen this referenced in other projects, but can't seem to zero in on a proper fix.
>
> tox -e py27
>
> [...8><...snip a lot]
>
> neutron.tests.unit.test_routerserviceinsertionnneutron.tests.unit.test_security_groups_rpcnneutron.tests.unit.test_servicetype=xc1xf1x19', stderr=None
> error: testr failed (3)
> ERROR: InvocationError: '/Users/rtuttle/projects/neutron/.tox/py27/bin/python -m neutron.openstack.common.lockutils python setup.py testr --slowest --testr-args='
> __________________________________________________________________ summary __________________________________________________________________
> ERROR: py27: commands failed
>
> It seems that what it may be complaining about is a missing oslo.config. If I try to load the final module noted from above (i.e., neutron.tests.unit.test_servicetype), I get an error about the missing module.
>
> Python 2.7.5 (v2.7.5:ab05e7dd2788, May 13 2013, 13:18:45)
> [GCC 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)] on darwin
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> File "neutron/tests/unit/__init__.py", line 20, in <module>
> from oslo.config import cfg
> ImportError: No module named oslo.config
>
> Cheers, Randy

We hit a similar problem in some of the other projects recently, but it
doesn't look like that applies to Neutron because it isn't using
site-packages in its tox runs anyway. The first thing I would check is
whether oslo.config is installed in the py27 tox venv. It might be a
good idea to just wipe your .tox directory and start fresh if you
haven't done that recently.

-Ben