[openstack-dev] Incubation Request: Murano

Georgy Okrokvertskhov gokrokvertskhov at mirantis.com
Thu Feb 20 18:35:35 UTC 2014

All,

Murano is the OpenStack Application Catalog service which has been
developing on stackforge almost 11 months. Murano has been presented on HK
summit on unconference track and now we would like to apply for incubation
during Juno release.

As the first step we would like to get feedback from TC on Murano readiness
from OpenStack processes standpoint as well as open up conversation around
mission and how it fits OpenStack ecosystem.

Murano incubation request form is here:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Murano/Incubation

As a part of incubation request we are looking for an advice from TC on the
governance model for Murano. Murano may potentially fit to the expanding
scope of Image program, if it will be transformed to Catalog program. Also
it potentially fits Orchestration program, and as a third option there
might be a value in creation of a new standalone Application Catalog
program. We have pros and cons analysis in Murano Incubation request form.

Murano team  has been working on Murano as a community project. All our
code and bugs/specs are hosted at OpenStack Gerrit and Launchpad
correspondingly. Unit tests and all pep8/hacking checks are run at
OpenStack Jenkins and we have integration tests running at our own Jenkins
server for each patch set. Murano also has all necessary scripts for
devstack integration. We have been holding weekly IRC meetings for the last
7 months and discussing architectural questions there and in openstack-dev
mailing lists as well.

Murano related information is here:

Launchpad: https://launchpad.net/murano

Murano Wiki page: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Murano

Murano Documentation: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Murano/Documentation

Murano IRC channel: #murano

With this we would like to start the process of incubation application
review.

Thanks
Georgy

--