[openstack-dev] [Trove] Replication and Clustering API

Daniel Salinas imsplitbit at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 19:37:54 UTC 2013

We have drawn up a new spec for the clustering api which removes the
concept of a /clusters path as well as the need for the /clustertypes
path.  The spec lives here now:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Trove-Replication-And-Clustering-API

Initially I'd like to get eyes on this and see if we can't generate some
discussion.  This proposal is far reaching and will ultimately require a
major versioning of the trove API to support.  It is an amalgam of ideas
from Vipul, hub_cap and a few others but we feel like this gets us much
closer to having a more intuitive interface for users.  Please peruse the
document and lets start working through any issues.

I would like to discuss the API proposal tomorrow during our weekly meeting
but I would welcome comments/concerns on the mailing list as well.