[openstack-dev] [Tempest] Do we need more people reviewing tempest?

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Tue Oct 22 15:31:01 UTC 2013

I recently submitted a _tiny_ change to tempest to enable Python3
porting in python-keystoneclient.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/51736/

It has one +2 now, but 8 days after submitting it is still waiting for
a second +2. It is not special though, there are 59 "waiting on reviewer":

http://russellbryant.net/openstack-stats/tempest-openreviews.html

Do we need to put out a call for more people to do reviews on tempest? Is
the team just temporarily short-handed?

Anyway, tempest is pretty important to OpenStack quality, so it feels
like something we should all be helping with. I'd be happy to carve out
a small bit of my usual review time to do tempest reviews, but I don't
think I can solve the problem with what I can add. Since we all bring
knowledge of the systems being tested, I wonder if all core reviewers
from all projects can commit just a little time to tempest (rather than
just having the core reviewers for tempest be a small team) ?