[openstack-dev] [Trove] Replication and Clustering API

Georgy Okrokvertskhov gokrokvertskhov at mirantis.com
Tue Oct 22 22:32:33 UTC 2013

Hi,

I don't see the replication type in the metadata replication contract. For
example someone can use MySQL Galera cluster with synchronous replication +
asynchronous replication master-slave for backup to remote site.

MS SQL offers alwaysON availability groups clustering with pair of
synchronous replication plus up to 3 nodes with asynchronous replication.
Also there are some existing different mechanisms like data mirroring
(synchronous or asynchronous) or log shipping.

So my point is that when you say replication, it is not obvious which type
of replication is used.

Thanks
Georgy

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Daniel Salinas <imsplitbit at gmail.com>wrote:

> We have drawn up a new spec for the clustering api which removes the
> concept of a /clusters path as well as the need for the /clustertypes
> path.  The spec lives here now:
>
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Trove-Replication-And-Clustering-API
>
> Initially I'd like to get eyes on this and see if we can't generate some
> discussion.  This proposal is far reaching and will ultimately require a
> major versioning of the trove API to support.  It is an amalgam of ideas
> from Vipul, hub_cap and a few others but we feel like this gets us much
> closer to having a more intuitive interface for users.  Please peruse the
> document and lets start working through any issues.
>
> I would like to discuss the API proposal tomorrow during our weekly
> meeting but I would welcome comments/concerns on the mailing list as well.

Georgy Okrokvertskhov
Technical Program Manager,
Cloud and Infrastructure Services,
Mirantis