[openstack-dev] [Trove] Testing of new service types support

Illia Khudoshyn ikhudoshyn at mirantis.com
Mon Oct 21 14:42:35 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I've done with implementing the very first bits of MongoDB support in Trove
along with unit tests and faced an issue with proper testing of it.

It is well known that right now only one service type per installation is
supported by Trove (it is set in config). All testing infrastructure,
including Trove-integration codebase and jenkins jobs, seem to rely on that
service type as well. So it seems to be impossible to run all existing
tests AND some additional tests for MongoDB service type in one pass, at
least until Trove client will allow to pass service type (I know that there
is ongoing work in this area).

Please note, that all of the above is about functional and intergation
testing -- there is no issues with unit tests.

So the question is, should I first submit the code to Trove and then
proceed with updating Trove-integration or just put aside all that MongoDB
stuff until client (and -integration) will be ready?

PS AFAIK, there is some work on adding Cassandra and Riak (or Redis?)
support to Trove. These guys will likely face this issue as well.

--

Best regards,

Illia Khudoshyn,
Software Engineer, Mirantis, Inc.