[openstack-dev] [nova] resource tracking

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Mon Oct 21 13:10:53 UTC 2013

Hi,
I have encountered a few issues regarding the resource tracking and hopefully someone can help clarify here. From what I understand we just seem to ignore the actual used disk and memory from the hypervisor and calculate it according to the allocated instances. For example, if the hypervisor has cached images or volume support, then this disk usage is ignored.
I have posted https://review.openstack.org/#/c/52900/ but I am not 100% sure that this is the correct way of addressing this (here we need to ensure that the hypervisor is not returning the disk spaces used by instances, similarly with memory)
Thanks
Gary