[openstack-dev] [Cinder][Glance] OSLO update

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Fri Nov 22 17:36:12 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Duncan Thomas <duncan.thomas at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 22 November 2013 12:27, Elena Ezhova <eezhova at mirantis.com> wrote:
> > But what if I want to update some module that consists of ten or even
> more
> > files (like rpc or db) and each of these files has quite a long change
> log?
> > In that case the commit message may turn out to be really long even if
> only
> > commit ids and names are included.
>

> A message that is too long is definitely a better problem to have than
> a message that is missing important details.

If we are talking about merging only part of oslo into a consuming project,
then we can't just keep track of the "last" revision that was merged,
because that won't necessarily include all of the changes. Elena, were you
planning to keep a separate revision for each entry under openstack/common
(not every file, just the files and directories at that level)?

> To turn the question round, how can a reviewer review a change that
> includes ten or even more files without any information on what
> changed and why? rpc and db are extremely difficult imports to review,
> and I've found problems in the last two I looked at.

Problems in the code, or in the way the code was merged?

Doug