[openstack-dev] [Cinder][Glance] OSLO update

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 16:21:50 UTC 2013

On 22 November 2013 12:27, Elena Ezhova <eezhova at mirantis.com> wrote:
> But what if I want to update some module that consists of ten or even more
> files (like rpc or db) and each of these files has quite a long change log?
> In that case the commit message may turn out to be really long even if only
> commit ids and names are included.

A message that is too long is definitely a better problem to have than
a message that is missing important details.

To turn the question round, how can a reviewer review a change that
includes ten or even more files without any information on what
changed and why? rpc and db are extremely difficult imports to review,
and I've found problems in the last two I looked at.