[openstack-dev] Propose "project story wiki" idea

Nick Chase nchase at mirantis.com
Thu Nov 21 06:14:57 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 6:45 PM, Stefano Maffulli <stefano at openstack.org>wrote:

> I like the idea.

I love this idea.

Not sure the wiki is the best place for this sort of stuff (wiki pages
> are awful for anything but quick notes): since we want this content to
> be delivered and produced easily I would suggest setting up something
> that resembles more a commit log than a wiki page. A short, brief dump
> of text, written by developers or people involved, using tools they're
> already familiar with. I'd prefer a short email to the list, with a tag
> in the subject instead of a wiki page.
>
> I'd be glad to further distribute them in the weekly newsletter.

We definitely want to make it as easy as possible for people to contribute,
and to get the information.  We would be happy to contribute space on our
OpenStack information site (with a feed if people want it) and resources to
make this as easy to contribute to and as useful as possible.

Does anybody else want to head this up?  If not, I would be more than happy
to take the point.

----  Nick