[openstack-dev] Propose "project story wiki" idea

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Nov 20 23:45:41 UTC 2013

On 11/19/2013 09:33 PM, Boris Pavlovic wrote:
> The idea of this proposal is that every OpenStack project should have
> "story" wiki page. It means to publish every week one short message that
> contains most interesting updates for the last week, and high level road
> map for future week. So reading this for 10-15 minutes you can see what
> changed in project, and get better understanding of high level road map
> of the project.

I like the idea.

I have received requests to include high level summaries from all
projects in the weekly newsletter but it's quite impossible for me to do
that as I don't have enough understanding of each project to extrapolate
the significant news from the noise. The links to all projects activity
I recently added to the weekly newsletter are an attempt to address the
issue.

Not sure the wiki is the best place for this sort of stuff (wiki pages
are awful for anything but quick notes): since we want this content to
be delivered and produced easily I would suggest setting up something
that resembles more a commit log than a wiki page. A short, brief dump
of text, written by developers or people involved, using tools they're
already familiar with. I'd prefer a short email to the list, with a tag
in the subject instead of a wiki page.

I'd be glad to further distribute them in the weekly newsletter.

/stef