[openstack-dev] [heat][mistral] EventScheduler vs Mistral scheduling

Renat Akhmerov rakhmerov at mirantis.com
Thu Nov 14 10:29:07 UTC 2013

As for EventScheduler proposal, I think it actually fits Mistral model very well. What described in EvenScheduler is basically the ability to configure webhooks to be called periodically or at a certain time. First of all, from the very beginning the concept of scheduling has been considered a very important capability of Mistral. And from Mistral perspective calling a webhook is just a workflow consisting of one task. In order to simplify consumption of the service we can implement API methods to work specifically with webhooks in a convenient way (without providing any workflow definitions using DSL etc.). I have already suggested before that we can provide API shortcuts for scheduling individual tasks rather than complex workflows so it has an adjacent meaning.

I other words, I now tend to think it doesn’t make sense to have EventScheduler a standalone service.

What do you think?

Renat