[openstack-dev] [heat][mistral] EventScheduler vs Mistral scheduling

Renat Akhmerov rakhmerov at mirantis.com
Thu Nov 14 07:58:48 UTC 2013

On 13 нояб. 2013 г., at 6:39, Angus Salkeld <asalkeld at redhat.com> wrote:

> Your work mates;) https://github.com/rackerlabs/qonos
>
> how about merge qonos into mistral, or at lest put it into stack forge?

Just got to looking at qonos. It actually looks similar in some ways to Mistral but with some differences: no actually workflows but rather individual job scheduling, no configurable transports, no webhooks, dedicated workers. And in some ways it’s related to EvenScheduler API but it’s not generic enough (not based anything like webhooks). I think we could definitely reuse some ideas from Qonos in Mistral, but I’m not sure at this point if it could be just merged in as is, the philosophy of the projects are a little bit different. Worth considering though. It would be cool to get Adrian involved into this discussion since he participated in both things.