[openstack-dev] Future of Project/release meetings, and skipping today's one

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Nov 12 12:57:03 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

We'll be skipping the project/release status meeting today (usually
happening at 21:00 UTC). Most PTLs are just back from the Design Summit
week and catching up, and some are still in vacation, so there is little
point in having one today. For this week they should work on filing,
prioritizing and targeting blueprints, while I'll work on publicizing
the final Icehouse schedule. We'll start looking at the resulting
icehouse roadmaps starting next week.

During the release schedule session we discussed evolving the format of
the meeting so that we don't waste time in status updates and focus on
addressing technical cross-project issues instead. The idea is to weekly
sync with PTLs ahead of the meeting, then have a short meeting to
discuss where we are in the cycle, the current identified cross-project
issues, and anything that's put on the meeting agenda.

I'll contact most PTLs this week so that we can set up those 10-min
status sync points (ideally sometime on Tuesday before the meeting).

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)