[openstack-dev] Fwd: [Openstack-Dev] Announcement of the Compass Deployment project

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Nov 1 07:53:21 UTC 2013

On 1 November 2013 20:41, Rochelle Grober <rockyg at gmail.com> wrote:

> A message from my associate as he wings to the Icehouse OpenStack summit
> (and yes, we're psyched):
> Our project, code named Compass is a Restful API driven deployment platform
> that performs discovery of the physical machines attached to a specified set
> of switches. It then customizes configurations for machines you identify and
> installs the systems and networks to your configuration specs. Besides
> presenting the technical internals and design decisions of Compass  at the
> Icehouse summit, we will also have a  demo session.

Cool - when is it? I'd like to get along.

> We look forward to showing the community our project, receiving and
> incorporating, brainstorming what else it could do, and integrating it into
> the OpenStack family .  We are a part of the OpenStack community and want to
> support it both with core participation and with Compass.

I'm /particularly/ interested in the interaction with Neutron and
network modelling - do you use Neutron for the physical switch
interrogation, do you inform Neutron about the topology and so on.

Anyhow, lets make sure we can connect and see where we can collaborate!

Cheers,
Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>