[openstack-dev] Fwd: [Openstack-Dev] Announcement of the Compass Deployment project

Dmitry Mescheryakov dmescheryakov at mirantis.com
Fri Nov 1 09:52:03 UTC 2013

I've noticed you list "Remote install and configure a Hadoop cluster
(synergy with Savanna?)" among possible use cases. Recently there was a
discussion about Savanna on bare metal provisioning through Nova (see
thread [1]). Nobody tested that yet, but it was concluded that it should
work without any changes in Savanna code.

So if Compass could set up baremetal provisioning with Nova, possibly
Savanna will work on top of that out of the box.

Dmitry

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-October/017438.html