[openstack-dev] [Metrics] Keeping up with review requests

Daniel Izquierdo dizquierdo at bitergia.com
Tue May 28 19:39:13 UTC 2013

On 05/28/2013 08:11 PM, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> On 05/28/2013 10:18 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
>> Honestly, I think this misses the entire point. These are really more
>> "rah rah" kinds of stats, and not the kind of useful reports that a core
>> reviewer wants out of the gerrit data.
>
> I agree with you that these stats may not be the kind of reports
> useful for a reviewer (I can't parse 'rah rah' though). I brought them
> up because in the Activity Board it's possible to show context, which
> is not possible in the scripts running on status.openstack.org. For
> example, on Activity Board it is possible not just to show the trends
> and raw numbers, but also show information about one singular
> changeset and the bug(s) it fixes and also drill down to the
> authors/reviewers and see what she's been up to recently. It also
> allow to search for similar changes, reviews, etc.
>
>> Whatever the answer is, it should be written in a language that the PTLs
>> are fluent in,because they are definitely going to want to tweak these
>> algorithms over time.
>
> I think I understand what you mean and I agree with you. FYI
> wikidsmart database can be queried with standard sparql syntax and
> MetricsGrimoire can be queried in sql and python. Both projects have
> published the code:
>
> https://github.com/Bitergia/openstack-dashboard
Hi!,

I'd like to clarify a bit more this (Bitergia's side) in case you're
interested in modifying that (indeed, you're more than welcome to
participate :)  ).

There is a development environment and a pre-production environment. The
development environment can be found as a branch of the main product of
VizGrimoireR [1] and VizGrimoireJS [2] (the branch name is openstack in
both cases). This is intended to be an intermediate step between the
stable version (pre-production) and the master of both products.

The pre-production environment is what you can see in [4]. This is
intended as being exactly the same as the production environment. The
idea is that anyone can easily download that and just using a web
browser, play with the charts and data if needed.

In addition, databases are also provided, and you can download them at
[3] as indicated in the summary site of the basic dashboard [4]

In any case, we would be glad if the whole process is left under the
openstack-infra toolset. We're currently using Launchpad for tickets
and, in GitHub,  the development and pre-production environments are
hosted, so a migration should be quite easy.

Regards,
Daniel.

ps: the whole process is a bit more complex given that we're using also
a toolset to retrieve information per data source and also hosted in
GitHub (https://github.com/MetricsGrimoire). We can discuss a bit more
about this if you're interested, but summarizing there are 3 steps. 1-
Retrieval, using Metrics Grimoire. 2- Filtering, using VizGrimoireR and
3- Visualization, using VizGrimoireJS.

[1] https://github.com/VizGrimoire/VizGrimoireR/tree/openstack
[2] https://github.com/VizGrimoire/VizGrimoireJS/tree/openstack
[3] http://activity.openstack.org/dash/browser/data/db