[openstack-dev] [Metrics] Keeping up with review requests

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue May 28 21:03:04 UTC 2013

On 05/28/2013 10:30 AM, Russell Bryant wrote:
> On 05/28/2013 09:12 AM, Russell Bryant wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> One question I ask myself regularly is, "are we keeping up with review
>> requests?"
>
> To expand on why this is important to me ...
>
> We currently have over 150 review requests for the master branch of
> nova.  I have also been pinged 5 times this morning from people asking
> for attention on their review request.  :-)  This makes me feel behind,
> but that may not really be the case.  If everything has been recently
> updated, it's just an incredibly active project.  If a large number of
> them have been waiting a long time, we're behind.  It's important to
> know what the real status is.
>
> If we're behind, that means I need to look into the participation level
> of our review team, and potentially consider expanding the team.
>
> I suspect this same sort of thing applies across all projects.

I think there were a lot of good ideas and points in this thread about
ideal long term solutions for where this data should live for general
consumption.

However, I couldn't resist scratching my own itch, so at least for now I
scripted this.  It's openreviews.py here:

    https://github.com/russellb/openstack-stats

Here's the output for the projects this repo knows about:

$ for project in *.json ; do ./openreviews.py -p ${project} && echo ; done
Projects: [u'cinder']
Total Open Reviews: 40
Waiting on Submitter: 21
Waiting on Reviewer: 19
 --> Average wait time: 2 days, 22 hours, 43 minutes

Projects: [u'glance']
Total Open Reviews: 26
Waiting on Submitter: 11
Waiting on Reviewer: 15
 --> Average wait time: 7 days, 10 hours, 0 minutes

Projects: [u'heat']
Total Open Reviews: 15
Waiting on Submitter: 11
Waiting on Reviewer: 4
 --> Average wait time: 8 days, 4 hours, 4 minutes

Projects: [u'nova']
Total Open Reviews: 194
Waiting on Submitter: 101
Waiting on Reviewer: 93
 --> Average wait time: 6 days, 1 hours, 53 minutes

Projects: [u'oslo']
Total Open Reviews: 41
Waiting on Submitter: 16
Waiting on Reviewer: 25
 --> Average wait time: 5 days, 20 hours, 3 minutes

Projects: [u'quantum']
Total Open Reviews: 71
Waiting on Submitter: 26
Waiting on Reviewer: 45
 --> Average wait time: 9 days, 11 hours, 31 minutes

Projects: [u'tempest']
Total Open Reviews: 27
Waiting on Submitter: 12
Waiting on Reviewer: 15
 --> Average wait time: 2 days, 23 hours, 40 minutes

And some info across all projects together:

$ ./openreviews.py -a
Projects: [u'nova', u'tempest', u'cinder', u'oslo', u'heat', u'glance',
u'quantum']
Total Open Reviews: 416
Waiting on Submitter: 200
Waiting on Reviewer: 216
 --> Average wait time: 6 days, 9 hours, 21 minutes

--
Russell Bryant