[openstack-dev] Another nova bug day!

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Thu May 23 02:35:54 UTC 2013

On 05/22/2013 10:16 PM, Michael Still wrote:
> So...
>
> I have good news and bad news.
>
> The good news is that the bug day happened and a few people did
> interesting things. The bad news is that no where near enough people
> did stuff. The reality is that we could have had the same result by
> one or two people just sitting down and grinding through bugs
> privately.
>
> Why do we think that is? Are we just too close to havana-1 for people
> to have time? Are we having bug days too frequently?
>
> Thoughts welcome.

I know bug triage isn't a thrilling topic, but as long as we're not
consistently on top of it, we need to be talking about it.  It's
something we must get better at as a project.

I would *love* to have someone step up and make bug triage their main
focus as their contribution to the project.  Until that happens, we have
to keep trying out ways to stay on top of it as a group effort.

Would people show up to a 1 hour nova bug triage meeting each week?  If
we had a decent group showing up each week (even just half of
nova-core!) and focusing on it for an hour, I bet we'd stay on top of
the incoming bug stream.

--
Russell Bryant