[openstack-dev] Ceilometer PTL candidacy

Eoghan Glynn eglynn at redhat.com
Sun Mar 3 19:54:14 UTC 2013

Folks,

I'd like to throw my hat into the ring for the upcoming election to
select a PTL for the Ceilometer project over the Havana cycle.

Why I think I'd be a good choice:

 - I'm interested in contributing to both the technical and
   administrative (read: cat herding) aspects of project leadership,
   and would take a proactive role in driving ML/IRC/design summit
   discussions to conclusion

 - I've deputized for the incumbent PTL at Technical Committee and
   Project/Release Status meetings, so I'm familiar with what that
   entails

 - I'd have the bandwidth to dedicate myself full-time to the role

 - I have some background in cloud monitoring, which would inform one
   of the big technical challenges facing Ceilometer in the near-term

If successful, the priorities I'd like to drive for the Havana cycle
would include:

 - bedding down Ceilometer as a fully integrated project within the
   openstack release process

 - maturing the core metering infrastructure, taking on board the
   detailed requirements of real production deployments and potential
   adopters

 - addressing the Heat requirement for monitoring functionality
   within Ceilometer

 - continuing to grow the developer community, while streamlining
   bug triage, blueprint backlog grooming, and code review practices

 - reaching out to related projects within the openstack ecosystem

Thanking y'all for your consideration ...

Cheers,
Eoghan