[openstack-dev] Ceilometer PTL candidacy

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Mon Mar 4 11:28:31 UTC 2013

Hi fellow developers,

Here's my candidacy for the next PTL election for the Ceilometer
project.

Most of you already know me since I've been here from the first day of
Ceilometer, and I'm still a major contributor to the project, designing
blueprints, implementing a large number of features, fixing bugs and
reviewing code.

I think I'll be a great choice to lead the next developement cycle. I've
been in touch and worked with every contributors to Ceilometer, so am in
a good position to coordinate effort for Havana.

I've also worked closely with our dear current PTL Nick, in the last
months, so I've a good understanding of what this role is about. I've
already led meetings and organized developements, before Nick was
elected, and during his mandat, thanks to him.

During our next developement cycle, I'd like to bring Ceilometer to the
next level, and here's a few things I'd like to see us put emphasis on:
- working on scalability concerns, studying detailed requirements for
  large deployment;
- enhance integration with other OpenStack projects;
- address alarming requirements and implementation;
- move forward on the API v2 implementation and requirements, and
  transition from v1;
- enhance our code quality by levering code coverage, unit and
  functionnal testing.

Thanks for reading this far!

Cheers,
--
Julien Danjou
;; Free Software hacker ; freelance consultant