[openstack-dev] CLA and contact information FAQs

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Mar 7 14:33:05 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-07 06:28:32 -0500 (-0500), Julie Pichon wrote:
> It seems to me the "Mailing address" field is required. I signed
> the ICLA with Country + phone number but still got the "fatal:
> ICLA contributor agreement requires current contact information"
> error until after a bit of trial and error, I put something in the
> Mailing Address.

Ignore what I said in my previous E-mail about which fields are
required. The first time you submit contact information you MUST
provide something in the Mailing Address field for Gerrit to accept
it. Apologies for any confusion there, everyone!

I could have sworn I tested that on our dev system before, but
trying again just now it does appear to require something in the
Mailing Address field the first time you submit contact information.
Apparently only subsequent submissions are more loose the way I
described, which is definitely a strange quirk but explains why I
thought it worked. Thanks Julie for keeping me honest!
--
Jeremy Stanley