[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] transifex/i18n framework ready

Lu, Lianhao lianhao.lu at intel.com
Thu Jan 17 09:55:37 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

The groundwork patches for transifex/i18n of ceilometer project has been merged into both ceilometer and openstack-infra project.

If you want a string in the ceilometer project to be i18n ready, you could use _() to mark that string in your code, e.g. _("string to be translated"). The Jenkins would automatically extract that string into a .pot template file and upload that template file to https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/ceilometer/ where anyone can translate the strings into other languages.

Once there is new translation at https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/ceilometer/, the Jenkins will automatically download the translation and update/compile the translation into .po file and put the new .po file into ceilometer git repository.

We might look at all the strings in the LOG.xxx() in the ceilometer source code and decide which ones we want to get it translated.

Best regards,
-Lianhao