[openstack-dev] pre-apologies - patch bomb coming

Johannes Erdfelt johannes at erdfelt.com
Wed Jan 16 22:54:42 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013, Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote:
> As a follow up to the email about requirements.txt naming - I've written
> a script which is going to make and submit a change to all the relevant
> branches of every project in gerrit. Needless to say, I'm about to
> submit something like 60 patches. I'm sorry.
>
> However, I believe I've updated the bit already which need to know to
> look for both names ... but it's possible I could have missed something.
>
> For anyone interested- the script is here:
>
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/29562
>
> It depends on the existence of projects.yaml, which can be found here:
>
> https://github.com/openstack-infra/config/blob/master/modules/openstack_project/templates/review.projects.yaml.erb

How does this tie into setup.py creating the requirements.txt file?

That code has been broken since pip removed the -E option. I submitted
a patch to fix the pip problem just today:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/19838/

Does this mean that code to create requirements.txt from 'pip freeze'
should be removed instead?

JE