[openstack-dev] pre-apologies - patch bomb coming

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Wed Jan 16 23:16:31 UTC 2013

On 01/16/2013 05:54 PM, Johannes Erdfelt wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013, Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote:
>> As a follow up to the email about requirements.txt naming - I've written
>> a script which is going to make and submit a change to all the relevant
>> branches of every project in gerrit. Needless to say, I'm about to
>> submit something like 60 patches. I'm sorry.
>>
>> However, I believe I've updated the bit already which need to know to
>> look for both names ... but it's possible I could have missed something.
>>
>> For anyone interested- the script is here:
>>
>> http://paste.openstack.org/show/29562
>>
>> It depends on the existence of projects.yaml, which can be found here:
>>
>> https://github.com/openstack-infra/config/blob/master/modules/openstack_project/templates/review.projects.yaml.erb
>
> How does this tie into setup.py creating the requirements.txt file?
>
> That code has been broken since pip removed the -E option. I submitted
> a patch to fix the pip problem just today:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/19838/
>
> Does this mean that code to create requirements.txt from 'pip freeze'
> should be removed instead?

YES. That code is deprecated and I thought we'd removed it from all the
projects - at the last summit it was decided that the idea of writing
out requirements files was causing more harm than good. I see now that
keystone is still doing it. *doh*

Lemme go update all the projects to latest setup/version.py first ...
_then_ I'll do the mass-requirements.txt patch.

Monty