[openstack-dev] [Openstack] Hardcoding of requests in client

Flavio Percoco fpercoco at redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 22:29:22 UTC 2013

On 02/06/2013 05:29 PM, Dean Troyer wrote:
> Go for it, but you'll have to do all of the clients at the same time,
> which is the reason for the pinning.  Lovely incompatible lib
> dependency changes in one project have that nice domino effect...

As agreed in the last meeting, I started working on the requests migration.

This[0] is the query that matches the reviews waiting for approval. It
currently matches cinder and keystone client since there's already
another review[1] for novaclient (it needs some changes but should be
ready).

The changes posted for review are already forward compatible, once they
are merged we can proceed on changing  all pip-requires in order to
match requests >= 0.8.

Glance will be the only client requiring 1.1 as minimum version since it
needs chunked requests.

The missing clients currently don't use python-requests and will need to
define their own blueprint and migration process.

Cheers,
FF

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:requests1.1,n,z
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/20119/