[openstack-dev] Re-initializing or dynamically configuring cinder driver

iKhan ik.ibadkhan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 04:53:41 UTC 2013

Hi All,

At present cinder driver can be only configured with adding entries in conf
file. Once these driver related entries are modified or added in conf file,
we need to restart cinder-volume service to validate the conf entries and
create a child process that runs in background.

I am thinking of a way to re-initialize or dynamically configure cinder
driver. So that I can accept the configuration from user on fly and perform
operations. I think solution lies somewhere around "oslo.config.cfg", but I
am still unclear about how re-initializing can be achieved.

Let know if anyone here is aware of any approach to re-initialize or
dynamically configure a driver.

IK