[openstack-dev] [Nova] New API requirements, review of GCE

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Fri Dec 6 18:43:41 UTC 2013

On 12/02/2013 02:06 PM, Eric Windisch wrote:
> What more is needed from the blueprint or the patch authors to proceed?

I finally got back to looking at this.  Here is how I would like to
proceed with GCE.

1) Stackforge

It seems like this code is pretty self contained.  I'd like to see it
imported into a stackforge repository.  Then, I'd like to see jenkins
jobs showing that both the unit tests and the functional tests written
for this are passing.  It will also help keep the code up to date with
Nova while it's not in the main tree.

2) Support from nova-core

Taking on a new API in Nova has a significant ongoing maintenance
impact.  I'm assuming that the submitters are willing to help maintain
the code.  We also need commitment from some subset of nova-core to
review this code.

So, what do folks from nova-core think?  Are you on board with
maintaining this API?

--
Russell Bryant