[openstack-dev] [CI] Reminder: recheck bug # syntax

James E. Blair jeblair at openstack.org
Wed Apr 10 23:00:33 UTC 2013

Hi,

This is a reminder to use the syntax "recheck bug #" or "reverify bug #"
if you want Jenkins to re-test your change.  The old syntax without the
bug number will no longer work (but see below).

This was originally discussed here:

  http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-January/004578.html

Please make sure you reference a bug that describes *the reason you are
rechecking the change*; not a bug that describes the change itself.
These data are used to identify intermittent bugs that affect the whole
project and incorrect data just makes it harder.

If you want to recheck a change for some reason that is not a bug
(updated external dependency, etc), just say "recheck no bug" or
"reverify no bug".  When you do that, you are indicating that the reason
you need to recheck the change is not related to a bug.

In the original announcement, I mentioned that we would disable the old
syntax within a week.  I apologize for the delay.

-Jim