[openstack-dev] Novaclient and Extensions

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 21:24:49 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Jorge Williams
<jorge.williams at rackspace.com> wrote:
> Totally agree with Matt on this point.  Whatever we decide is core should be
> supported by all implementations / deployments. We should consider that when
> we decide what to promote to core.

I agree with that regarding the actual core bits, what I don't like is
how much of the API that is actually used is extensions. Is OpenStack
usable with all extensions turned off?  It's the fragmentation and
"product differentiation" fear that drives me here.  And given that
ALL of this development and project is corporate supported and they
all want to stand out in this field I fear I am on the wrong side of
that issue.

dt

--

Dean Troyer