[openstack-dev] Novaclient and Extensions

Matt Dietz matt.dietz at rackspace.com
Wed Dec 19 21:46:54 UTC 2012

I have the exact same concerns.

My fear is the extension mechanism ended up as a passive aggressive way of
skirting the API contract. Let's face it: no matter how staunchly you
defend a contract, the set of functionality the client consumes *is* the
API as far as any customer is concerned. In short, code(or implementation)
wins.

If there are any vendor specific extensions in either repo, they should
probably be removed. Meanwhile, we need to promote things that make sense.
Lastly, I think the rest of the argument needs to be handled by the board
and how they want to protect what Openstack means.