[openstack-dev] Novaclient and Extensions

Jorge Williams jorge.williams at rackspace.com
Wed Dec 19 20:53:30 UTC 2012

On Dec 19, 2012, at 2:29 PM, Matt Dietz wrote:

As to the last point, I feel like I'm missing something. How are they core
API if they're still modular/optional? What I think the argument has
boiled down to here is consistent user experience, which to me means that
everyone at the very least should be prepared to run the Core API and all
that it entails. If you aren't capable or unwilling to support it, that's
no better than a random selection of extensions being being made
available. Being able to selectively choose but still be "core" doesn't
sound like it solves anything as far as I'm concerned.

Totally agree with Matt on this point.  Whatever we decide is core should be supported by all implementations / deployments. We should consider that when we decide what to promote to core.

-jOrGe W.