[openstack-dev] review.openstack.org down? Getting HTTP 400

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Dec 12 14:18:00 UTC 2012

On 2012-12-12 13:52:06 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
[...]
> I see no 400 error around 08:00-09:00 UTC when you sent your
> E-mail message
[...]

I take that back... the Jetty process serving the Gerrit application
did not log sending 400 responses in that timeframe, but the Apache
virtual host in front of it logged a batch of malformed POST
requests to /gerrit/rpc/ChangeDetailService and
/gerrit/rpc/ChangeListService at 08:45-08:47 UTC. These were all
from the same IP address, so I'm guessing it was yours. I don't see
any corresponding exceptions in the Jetty logs for those requests
(nor anything out of the ordinary in the system logs), so I don't
have a lot more to go on. I'll keep an eye out for similar patterns
though in case I can nail down what's triggering that behavior.
--
{ WHOIS( STANL3-ARIN ); WWW( http://fungi.yuggoth.org/ );
PGP( 48F9961143495829 ); MUD( kinrui at katarsis.mudpy.org:6669 );