[openstack-dev] [Openstack] [nova] Call for Help -- OpenStack API XML Support

George Reese george.reese at enstratus.com
Fri Aug 10 16:24:02 UTC 2012

On Aug 10, 2012, at 11:19 AM, Paul McMillan <Paul.McMillan at Nebula.com> wrote:

> On 08/10/2012 07:57 AM, Kevin L. Mitchell wrote:
>
>> Also, don't forget that we have to
>> deal with the deserialization side as well; our current deserialization
>> method is hand-coded XML tree walkers that convert string values to
>> their expected representation.
>
> THIS is why we need to drop the XML API.

Note the basis of the argument is inconvenience to the developers.

THIS is why we need to move away from a developer-driven culture in OpenStack.

-George

--
George Reese - Chief Technology Officer, enStratus
e: george.reese at enstratus.com    Skype: nspollution    t: @GeorgeReese    p: +1.207.956.0217