[openstack-dev] [nova] Call for Help -- OpenStack API XML Support

Gabe Westmaas gabe.westmaas at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Aug 10 14:33:17 UTC 2012

From: George Reese <george.reese at imaginary.com<mailto:george.reese at imaginary.com>>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 08:53:45 -0500
To: OpenStack List <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [nova] Call for Help -- OpenStack API XML Support

Nevertheless, we're not talking about a new API. We are talking about Folsom. That's where the story should end, regardless of the merits of XML vs. JSON.

What causes me to go ballistic isn't the XML vs. JSON issue. It's that this is considered a legitimate topic at this point in the development cycle.

Perhaps I haven't been following closely enough, but I certainly hope no one is suggesting we drop XML prior to folsom and that anything that happens (whether its change the XML representation or drop it entirely) is only being discussed for a later version of the API.

Hopefully we have some incoming tests to help us feel better about XML support in folsom – I think Daryl Walleck said he'd get some up for review in tempest.

Gabe