[User-committee] [Product] review of PWG slide deck

UKASICK, ANDREW au3678 at att.com
Mon Jun 26 23:38:16 UTC 2017

Arkady,

I've made changes based on your comments. And I also have some responses.

Regarding "What do we mean coordinate overlap?"
I was thinking of cases where two or more working groups (etc.) or two or more Development Proposals might be addressing some of the same things.  My thought was that the PWG could recognize that and help to bring the parties together in order to strengthen the objectives of both. I've changed "overlaps" to "synergies" in hopes that will better reflect the idea.

Regarding "Periodic coordination/collaboration across WGs/Product Managers"
The idea there was that we could (hopefully) begin doing that.

Regarding "Work to inject User Priorities into the OpenStack Roadmap"
The reason I put that in under Multi-release Roadmap was because of discussion that we had in the March mid-cycle. We were exploring how, instead of only pulling information from projects regarding what they're planning in a release, we might also push some information back,  leveraging data from the User Survey and/or other sources, to provide user feedback to project teams in order to influence roadmap.  For that reason I'm inclined to want to keep it. Let's see what others think.

-Andy

Andrew Ukasick
Principal Systems Engineer
AT&T Integrated Cloud (AIC),  Openstack Community Coordination