[Product] Capacity Management: Request for Volunteers

Shamail Tahir itzshamail at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 21:13:13 UTC 2016

Hi,

The team had discussed the capacity management user story[1] a couple of
weeks ago and, in our discussion, determined that we had different
perspectives on how quotas are being leveraged by providers.  The team had
determined that the best course of action would be to create a white paper
that provides various examples of how they are being leveraged today.  I am
emailing you today to ask for volunteers for this white-paper.  If we can
get 2-3 different organizations to share how they use quotas then we can
use that information to further refine the user story.  Please let me know
if you can help, I would also be glad to help write it as long as you can
provide subject-matter expertise.

On a related topic, can you please look at the message sent by Vilobh[2] in
regards to reservations for quotas?  Please share your perspective so it is
also taken into account...

[1]
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/openstack-user-stories/user-stories/proposed/capacity_management.html
[2] http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/openstack/dev/53889