[Product] Prevent another "Cinder drivers fiasco"

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Tue Mar 24 21:47:05 UTC 2015

TL;DR If you have drivers in Cinder that are being removed from Kilo
please let me know your side of the story.

You may have noticed that a few drivers have been removed from Cinder
tree and there are very little chances that they will be included back
for Kilo. Also, the documentation team has removed the documentation of
such drivers from their tree as a consequence.

Cinder's PTL and others have expressed their view on the mailing list
and I think this time it's not just about lack of communication and
clarity from developer's side. Something else, much deeper is going off
the rails and I think this group can help to figure out what that is.

I'm sure some here have been impacted by this decision: let's talk about
how to avoid to get to this point in the future.

/stef