[Product] [OpenStack][Product WG] Agenda for Mid-Cycle Meetup

Shamail Tahir itzshamail at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 17:36:51 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sending this out Carol, it looks great.

I wanted to call out some of the homework for the team based on the agenda
items:

   - Be ready to articulate your companies goals/strategy/priorities around
   your OpenStack offerings.
   - Please review the existing user stories in the google drive and rate
   them 12-1 (higher # = higher priority in your opinion) and be prepared to
   discuss your perspective at the mid-cycle
   - Commit user stories that you authored to our repository
   (openstack/openstack-user-stories) prior to the mid-cycle [stretch goal]

Question:
Would the team like for me to walk-through a user story "commit" to our
repository during our mid-cycle?  I am not sure how many people are already
familiar with the process or would like to have a mini tutorial session.
Thoughts?

Thanks,
Shamail

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 11:33 AM, Barrett, Carol L <
carol.l.barrett at intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Team – Looking forward to our Mid-cycle meetup this week. Based upon
> the etherpad topics and notes on people’s plan to attend and I want to
> propose this agenda for our meeting.
> Pls review and send comments/suggestions over the next day or so. Would
> like to update ahead of the start of our meetup.
> Thanks
> Carol
>
> *Thursday August 20, 2015*   *Friday August 21, 2015* 9:00 – 9:15 Welcome
> and agenda review   9:00 - 9:15 Welcome and agenda review 9:15 – 9:45 Goals
> & Priority sharing   9:15 - 10:00 User Story Template Review and
> Finalization   During this time, each person will have 5 mins to share
> their companies Goals/Strategie/Priorities for OpenStack. This will form a
> common understanding across the team and lay the foundation for User Story
> owners and CPL discussion   10:00 - 12:00 Looking to the Future: User
> Story work flow, User Story Voting: Define approach for working with other
> Work Groups and  TC/Cross Project Team/PTLs/Development Teams; Create 1 or
> 2 proposals for Community involvement in voting and setting User Story
> priorities 9:45 – 10:00 Break   12:00 - 1:00 Grab Lunch & Email 10:00 –
> 11:00 User Story Updates & Prioritization   1:00 - 3:00 Recognition: We
> will use this time to discuss and define 1 or 2 proposals for community
> recognition programs that provide visibility for community members that
> provide support/impact for the OpenStack roadmap and user story priorities
>   We want to review out list of User Stories and resolve the questions we
> marked for the Ops Mid-Cycle   3:00 - 3:15 Break   Integrate new User
> Stories that were created during the Ops Mid-Cycle   3:15 - 4:30 Wrap-up
> & Next steps   Finalize Priorities       11:00 – 12:30 User Story Owners,
> CPLs and next steps         We will decide on how many user stories we
> have resources to move forward in this Pilot phase         Find owners
> for the top X stories         Based upon the user story selection, we
> will identify the top priority projects for CPLs and find volunteers
>   Outline next steps and timing for moving the User Stories forward
> toward the Mikata design summit       12:30 – 1:00 Grab Lunch       1:00
> – 2:45 Roadmap Update Plan         Discuss and decide on approach for
> updating OpenStack Roadmap, aligned with plans to release at Tokyo         Find
> volunteers for project updates and establish timeline to support Tokyo
> release         Discuss format and role between PWG and OpenStack
> Foundation to create the final content for release       2:45 – 3:00 Break
>       3:00 – 4:30 Nova spec backlog review       4:30 - 5:00 OpenStack
> Innovation Center overview and Product WG discussion       5:00 Wrapup
>     Dinner and Drinks

Shamail Tahir
t: @ShamailXD
tz: Eastern Time