[Product] [OpenStack][Product WG] Next Round of User Story discussion/prioritization

Barrett, Carol L carol.l.barrett at intel.com
Thu Aug 13 00:37:27 UTC 2015

Jesse - I had interpreted John's comments referring to the aligning of priorities and resources between Nova current priorities, Nova backlog specs and  Product WG user stories. He would like to unhide the hidden influencers (ie. product managers) by having us reflect our priorities and then commit to aligning the resources from our collective companies against the top priorities. Does that work for you?

On the cut-line, I was just trying to be pragmatic. We have a finite set of resources in our team and for this Pilot phase will only be able to do the gaps analysis (what you refer to below as testing to figure out what's missing), cross project coordination and tracking for a limited number of user stories. Maybe that's 3, maybe it's 5, maybe it's more. I think this is our decision based upon what people volunteer for.

Between our call tomorrow and our time at the Mid-cycle next week, we can talk through the issues and finalize our approach to the next wave of work facing our team.

Thanks
Carol