[Openstack] Masakari client error

Patil, Tushar Tushar.Patil at nttdata.com
Wed May 16 04:29:01 UTC 2018

Hi Torin,

Few days back, this patch [1] got merged in which the service type is changed from "ha" to "instance_ha".

We have tried reproducing the issue you are facing but we are not getting the exact same error. With different versions of openstacksdk, we got different errors.

Masakariclient/masakari-monitors requires openstacksdk version 0.13.0.

Today we have fixed LP bug [2] in patch [3] which should also fix the issue you are facing.

We will release another version of python-masakariclient soon.

Are you installing masakari using devstack? If yes, please install masakari from scratch.
After installing latest masakari, you should be able to run segment-list and host-list using openstack  commands.
If you want to run same commands using masakariclient, then you will need to wait until new version of masakariclient is released or  you can apply patch [3] in your environment. If you need any help in applying patches, please ask for help on #openstack-masakari IRC.

Simple way to install latest masakariclient from code:
1. git clone https://github.com/openstack/python-masakariclient.git
2. Go to folder python-masakariclient
3. sudo python setup.py install

If you find any issues in Masakari, you can also report bugs in launchpad against below respective projects.
http://launchpad.net/python-masakariclient
https://launchpad.net/masakari-monitors
https://launchpad.net/masakari

Hope this helps!!!